Full-Time or Part-Time – Remote (Work from Anywhere)
Permaculture Education is a project of Permaculture International College (PIC). For more information about PIC, please visit: PermacultureCollege.org
The core members of Permaculture International College have been actively teaching and consulting globally for over 40 years. Permaculture Education has been delivering courses and online teaching globally for over 10 years.
The purpose of this position is to develop an overall marketing strategy and deliver marketing content and communications while working closely with staff across the organization and with stakeholders around the world.
As part of a small team working remotely from locations around the world, the Marketing Director role will require a willingness to provide strategic thinking and leadership, while maintaining a strong independent work ethic and accountability to the tasks and responsibilities entrusted to the position.
- Develop and deliver an integrated marketing strategy for Permaculture International College, Permaculture Education, and other programs in development.
- Work with colleagues to plan and implement effective marketing and communication campaigns.
- Plan, develop, and deliver marketing materials including blog posts, website content, social media content, letters, brochures, and flyers.
- Promote programs and engagement with public for online and on-site courses and activities.
- Manage marketing and communications budget to ensure activities are delivered within budget and financial reporting is completed to agreed timetables.
- Manage website and online systems for efficient delivery of blog, social media, and website development activities.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with new and existing partners, affiliates, and the public.
- May be required to undertake additional work activities and responsibilities as is necessary to facilitate the needs of the overall organization.
Experience, knowledge, and skills:
- 72-hour Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) from an internationally-recognized organization or teacher.
- Five or more years of experience in Permaculture Design or closely-related disciplines.
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills.
- Fluency in languages other than English (preferred).
- Expertise in developing marketing and communications strategies.
- Expertise in website management, blog management, and social media management.
- Experience working with non-profits and the public preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and presentation skills.
- Strong track record in building productive relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Enthusiastic, fun-loving individual with the ability to invoke and inspire positive change.
- Passionate about nature and the environment and able to share that knowledge.
- Resourceful and able to think creatively to get maximum value from a limited budget.
Highly-organized with great attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-Time or Part-Time – Remote (Work from Anywhere)
Salary: Commission based on sales for first-year (Launch Year) up to $30,000 USD.
*This is a great opportunity to join a quickly-growing global Permaculture organization with unlimited potential. Although the salary is commission-based (percentage of sales) during the first year, we expect sales to increase rapidly after launching already-planned programs and activities.
Please submit your Resume/CV with a cover letter. You should demonstrate how you meet the skills, knowledge, experience, and qualities set out in the job description and why you want this role.
Apply: Send CV and Cover Letter to info@PermacultureEducation.org